Thursday, February 13, 2014

F*ck You & Your Love Letter!!! (An Anti-VDay Mani)

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I have a really cool post to share with you all today. Do you guys remember the anti-Valentines Day manicures I did last year and the year before? I think this will be an LML tradition since I have another anti-Valentines Day mani to share with you all. So for my ladies and gents who despise this commercialized holiday, this one is for you!


This manicure was inspired by a pin on Pinterest. I saw this really cool burned pages manicure tutorial on there and knew that I wanted to recreate something similar. I chose to stamp on the letter from BM311 instead of using the newspaper method in the tutorial because every time I've tried it the ink just wouldn't transfer. One day I'll get that technique down, but for now, stamping works great for me!


This manicure began with 2 coats of Zoya Chantal. Chantal can be best described as a delicious full-coverage, French Vanilla cream. I like the color of this polish as a base but the formula is a little streaky. It does even out when dry, however (it's still wet in these pics).


Next I used my Konad Special Stamping Polish in black and BM311 to stamp on the letter. I scraped some of the image off of my stamper so that the word "Love" was only on my ring finger. I wasn't worried about placement because I knew some of the bald spots would serve as burns. I used Zoya Louise and followed the tutorial in the pin above to achieve this look and stamped on a kiss using Zoya Rekha and Cheeky CH29. This mani was complete with a coat of HKGirl. 


How cool is this manicure?! I love how the burned pages came out and that I was able to use stamping as a remedy for the newspaper trick. So what do you think guys? Will you be wearing an anti-Valentine's Day mani or going all out with hearts and roses on your nails this Friday? As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

15 comments:

  1. this is the best anti valentine's day mani i've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this! & I'm not doing any kind of Valentine's Day manicure--my husband & I just have a date to watch the new season of "House of Cards" on Netflix, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing! I will definitely be trying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks amazing! I will definitely be trying it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous look! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very cool look! Even though I am very pro-Valentine's Day, I would totally rock it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it! I want it! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it, totally awesome!! Made me laugh out loud, especially your title! So clever and well done! By the way if you have a laser printer, perhaps that is the problem. I have an inkjet but also can't get the newspaper print technique to work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out terrific! I love the way it looks like the paper burned away showing your nail underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beyond amazing. Like seriiously, one of your best manis! The effects and everything! <3 or should i say </3 lol :-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. This. Is. Such. A. Cool. Idea.
    Seriously, why did I never think of doing something like this - it is so so so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. When making buys on the web, join shop and win programs first. These kinds of projects give you a level of your money back by experiencing their site and requesting something on the web. Prior to joining a specific program, look around and see which one offers you the most money back for your buys. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete
  13. Humse door jaoge kaise ,
    Dil se hume bhulaoge kaise !
    Hum woh khushbu hain , play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wedding Invitation Videos | Best Save the Date Videos
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker | Wedding Invitation Video E Invites
    Free Indian Invitation Cards & Video Maker | Online Invitations
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online

    ReplyDelete
  15. video production bangalore
    video production company in bangalore
    3d animation process
    video production company bangalore
    whiteboard video maker
    whiteboard animation video maker Explainer Video Production Company
    Best Explainer Video Production Company

    ReplyDelete