Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Totally Tribal (Messy Mansion Plate Review)

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I have another stamping decal manicure to share with you all today. I have gotten so many compliments from you all on the last few that I've done (thank you! ♡) and I'm glad that you like these as much as I do. This method of stamping is one that I wish I would have learned a long time ago. It makes placement near perfect and if you ever tried stamping I'm sure you can agree what a nightmare that is sometimes. 


I was lucky enough to receive a review package from Messy Mansion which included the plate above. Messy Mansion is an indie plate company based in Australia. Their plates are beautifully etched and each have unique designs. The first plate I'm reviewing, MM12, has a variety of chevron and heart designs on it. There's also a tribal-ish print that caught my eye immediately and it's the design I'll share with you all today.


This manicure began with 2 different base colors. I used 1 coat of FingerPaints Black Expressionism and 2 coats of Bettina Marshmallow on my accent nails. I applied a coat of Spoiled Ants In My Pants over Black Expressionism then got started on my stamping decals.


To start the decals, I applied polish (Black Expressionism) to the image on MM12 and scraped off the excess polish. I picked the image up with my stamper and allowed it to dry. I then used a toothpick and dipped it in polish (Bettina Sunrise, Sally Hansen Grass Slipper, Zoya America) and filled in some of the spaces. I covered the entire image with top coat and waited for it to dry. After it was dry, I applied the decal and completed this manicure with a coat of HKGirl topcoat.



I love this tribal print on Messy Mansion's MM12 plate! This plate is beautifully etched and the images are large. Messy Mansion plates measure in at 7cm so if you have longer/wider nails I would say it's safe to assume these would be a pleasure for you! The MM series of stamping plates retail for $7 & can be purchased here. Have you tried the stamping decal method yet? What do you think of this manicure? As always,  I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear lacquer luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

**This product was sent to me for my honest review. **

6 comments:

  1. Your nails are ALWAYS amazing- and just recently learning how to do the decal look myself, this is by far one of the best I've seen! AMAZING! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a genius and you already know that! Beautiful manicure as usual! Love you doll. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look at this mani, the only word that comes to mind is intricate! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have any videos of your decal technique? I'd really like to see how you do it. I have a hard time envisioning it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gham iska nahi ki aap mil na sakoge,
    Dard is baat ka hoga ki ham aapko bhula na sakenge… play bazaar

    Play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete