Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Birds At Sunset (Messy Mansion MM14 Plate Review)

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I'm back with another Messy Mansion stamping plate review for you today. This time I'm using MM14, otherwise known as "the bird plate." As you can see in the photo below, this stamping plate is full of bird, cage, and feather images that are all very cool!



I really love the birds on the wire image in the middle of the plate and decided to test it out for this review. I searched Google images and found this picture of birds on a wire at sunset. I was so inspired by it and got excited at the idea of turning my tiny canvases into a replica of this gorgeous photo. 


This manicure began with my base colors, 2 coats of Zoya Pixie Dust Beatrix & 1 coat of Cult Nails Tempest. I then got out an army of Zoya colors: Darcy, America, Micky, Yummy, Perrie & Lael. I used the tips of makeup sponges to create the look of the sky. Various colors were layered over one another to create a nice blend.



Once my colorful sunset was dry, I used Konad Special Stamping Polish in black to pick up the image onto my stamper. Working very quickly, I used the end of a toothpick to scrape off some of the image. This left me with two wires instead of seven and I quickly stamped them onto my nails. Part of the wire didn't transfer over (this was user error from me taking longer than I should've to get the image on my nail) so I just used a striper brush to fill that in. This manicure was complete with a coat of HKGirl topcoat.


Messy Mansion plate MM14 is spectacular! I'm really happy to have this one in my collection because the images are all great and generously sized to fit anyone's nails. These plates retail at $7 and can be purchased at http://www.messymansion.com.au/. Make sure to check out the other plates on Messy Mansion's site as I'm sure you'll find many that would be great additions to your stamping collections! As always, I hope you all enjoyed this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

7 comments:

  1. Wow! I just love this!!! You did a fantastic job! What a fun stamping plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! This plate really is fantastic! ♡

      Delete
  2. I was kinda on the fence about whether or not I wanted to invest in stamping plates...until this! *SWOON*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stamping plates can be a nail art lover's best friend! You should definitely treat yourself to some ;)

      Delete
  3. I love this knid of manicures, it's really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love how you made it really look realistic, how it looks like the birds just chilling on the wire as the sun sets!

    ReplyDelete