Friday, April 13, 2012

2012 Autism Awareness Contest

Hello Lacquer Luvers! As you all know, April is Autism Awareness Month. As a mother of a 6 year old boy who has been diagnosed with Autism, I am always trying my best to explain to others what Autism is and informing them of the known facts behind it. I have done an Autism Awareness manicure and plan to do a few more throughout the rest of the month. In an attempt to spread awareness and get others to show their support for the many people who have Autism (1 in 88 children are diagnosed with it) I wanted to host a contest. I want to see how many of you are joining in and spreading awareness by wearing awesome blue mani's!



Above is a photo of the prize that will be sent to the winner of my 2012 Autism Awareness Contest. Up for grabs is Jordana Glitters Blue Bash, Revlon Whimsical, & Sinful Colors Cinderella.

Contest Rules:
*e-mail me at luvmylacquer@yahoo.com with the subject Autism Awareness along with a photo of your blue manicure & I will count it as an entry. Please include your name with the photo (nicknames are fine). I will add these photos to a special folder on my facebook page so that everyone can see how many of us are supporting Autism Awareness =)
*Manicure options are endless. You can stamp, water marble, use decals/stickers, freehand or just do a plain blue mani. The only requirement is that is must be blue so let your imagination and creativity run wild!
*Two entries per person.
*Open to U.S. residents only.
*Ends 04/27/12, winner will be announced on 04/29/12.

**Prizes were not sponsored and were purchased by me. There will be 3 judges for this contest: myself, Liz of Nothing But Nail Polish,  & Jin of Superficially Colorful.

3 comments:

  1. I have an older sister recently diagnosed with Autism at the age of 51... when she was younger, the only diagnosis they had was Mental Retardation. Keep up the good work, and God Bless you & your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the strongest mama I know. You love your son so much and I am glad you take it seriously to get people to be aware of Autism.
    I would enter the contest, to support the awareness, but not to win because i already own 2 or the 3 polishes.

    Can I still submit an entry? I'll subscribe to this post, so you can reply here and I'll see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I accidentally came across your blog when I was ready another blog. I am so glad I clicked on the wrong key that took me to your blog. You are a strong mami and you are so blessed. Congrat on your pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete