Saturday, February 18, 2012

Cinderella's Glass Slipper Mani

Hello Lacquer Luvers! I hope you all are having a great weekend so far. I don't have plans today besides cleaning the house & washing clothes but tomorrow we are planning a trip to the beach. I cannot wait! I've been wanting to go for about a month or two now. Anywho, as promised yesterday, today's post features a newly released polish by Sinful Colors called Cinderella. The entire time I was doing this manicure I thought about my sister. Cinderella was her absolute favorite movie when we were kids. To this day, she still loves it & even has some Cinderella things around her house.



I began my manicure today with a base coat of Essie Grow Faster followed by three coats of Sinful Colors Cinderella. I would describe Cinderella as baby blue with pink glass flecks that shift to gold. It really does remind me of her beautiful ball gown. This polish has a sheer/milky quality which makes for 3-4 coats to reach full opacity. Next time I will layer this beauty over a light blue such as Bettina's Peppermint. I really liked the formula for this polish. It wasn't runny or thick & just sort of glides onto your nails. Dry time, however, was long because of the three coats I used.



Aren't the glass flecks in this stunning? It is just so beautiful to me and unlike any other blue polish I've seen before.

Photo Credit: http://www.cinderellainfo.com/album/cinderell-glass-slipper/cinderell-glass%20slipper35.html

For nail art, I found the perfect image plate that went with the Cinderella theme! Bundle Monster's BM-213 plate has a high heel shoe design that reminded me of Cinderella's glass slipper. I used Konad Special Stamping Polish in white and stamped the image onto all of my nails. I finished this manicure with a coat of Essie's Good To Go topcoat.




Do I love this manicure? Yes, yes I do! I've always been a fan of Disney movies & this one allows me to relive some great times during my childhood. It made me miss my sister tons, too. What do you all think Lacquer Luvers? Would you wear this manicure? How do you like the glass slipper image? As always, I hope you all liked this post my dear Lacquer Luvers and I look forward to sharing my next post with you, xo!

~Jessica

11 comments:

  1. That is a gorgeous blue. I don't have any Sinful Colors polishes yet but this just might have to be my first.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stamping is perfect and fits very well!

    Gorgeous polish. Way to add this to my wishlist again. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stamping looks awesome, I love it! I have Cinderella on my nails right now, really enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It does look like glass flecks:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I totally thought you were going to use SH Glass Slipper over SC Cinderella. But your actual mani was WAY better! I love the close up shot - I finally get to see the pink shimmer! Now I need to go find this polish.

    ReplyDelete